Monday, March 23, 2009

Missing NC

With the weather swiftly moving towards Spring, it reminds me of one of my favorite places in North Carolina......Pinehurst.


If you've never been (and chances are that unless you're an avid golfer you never have), I urge you to visit if you ever find yourself in the area. It's a quaint little "village" located in the Sandhills of NC between Fayetteville and Charlotte and just down a little from Greensboro.


Not only did we get the chance to visit this lovely area but we had the opportunity to live here for about three years. If you check in on us from time to time you probably know that we moved to our current location last August and I've been a little homesick for our old locale.


Take a look at some of my favorite photos and you'll catch a glimpse of why I miss it so.





These were taken on a lovely spring day about two years ago while my friend Jodie and I took a stroll through the village.



Wish we could meet for coffee and head out with our cameras once again.

10 comments:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Man, I am sooo in love with this state...I have just got to plan a vacation there someday soon! Everytime I see a house, museum, magazine, it reminds me of how boring Minnesota can be!!!

Wendi said...

I was in Pinehurst last summer for baseball games.
It really was lovely.
I would love to go back and enjoy the sites.
I will have to take you as my tour guide!

BTW....we were in RM this past weekend for basketball games. I thought of you!

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Hey Duchess, that is a gorgeous place! Thanks for sharing it. Those bushes...can you imagine!
~Misti

Jodie said...

I was just thinking, Gee those pics look familiar! That was on one of my most favorite days in Pinehurst. Strolling the charming southern avenues with you photographing life and appreciating that we lived in one of the most beautiful cities in NC. I so miss the little local cafe we used to breakfast at and take in the local banter between one golfer to another.

Darlene said...

WOW what a GORGEOUS place. I can see why you miss it.

Shannon said...

It looks beautiful there!!

LuLu said...

Oh I can see why you miss it! What a beautiful place... It's always nice to know of wonderful places to visit or live!
LuLu

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh my how pretty!
sandy toe

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Hope you have a great Monday and get to enjoy some spring like weather~

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

So pretty! I'll have to add that to my list of places to visit! ♥