Thursday, June 18, 2009

If you're ever in Greenville, SC

If you ever get the chance to visit the Upstate of South Carolina, please add this beautiful area of downtown Greenville to your "must see" list.
Reedy River Falls Park

Greenville has a beautiful and quaint downtown area complete with a lovely park that just bustles with activity in the evenings - especially the weekends.

Sit back and take a look at our first visit last Friday night.

The scenery is just beautiful.

There is an ampitheatre for putting on plays.

There are restaurants that back up to the park and lots of them up on the street level.

Here is the beautiful suspension bridge that curves through the middle of the park & over the falls.


The view from the bridge.

The kids took a moment to pause for a picture or two.

I loved the gardens.


G was wading in the river until......

.......this little guy showed up. Snakes - yuck!



There was a commons area where lots of local street entertainment showed up.(It was really cool & kind of reminded me of midevil times when they would have all of this in the town square.)

Anyone could go out there and do "their thing". Of course, my little one had to go out & work with one lady doing acrobatics. (G's really a ham - very unlike her shy mother.)


Once it started getting darker, we headed back up to Main Street and went to get ice cream at Spill the Beans, sat around the fountains for a while & then headed home.

Here is one last picture of downtown Greenville at night. I hope you get to see all of this in person one day - they've done a great job on it.




Thanks for taking my little downtown tour. Now I've got to go convince my hubby to take me out for a date night to some of these great spots (w/o the kids). Maybe we'll even take a ride in the horse drawn carriages......my birthday is coming up soon. I'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW Duchess it is a gorgeous place!!!! I would LOVE to go visit there sometime. Did you stay and watch the play?

Jules from "The Roost" said...

How lovely! Thanks for all the great pictures.

wendy said...

That is so pretty!! A date night there sounds lovely!

BTW - what happened to G's ankle?

Jodie said...

Wow! You must have just discovered this place because I know you would have taken me there when I visited! Great photos and great location for photography!

Sarah said...

hello, Duchess! Just wanted to come over and say hi. Thanks for your great comments on my blog the other day (my summer foyer). I totally appreciate the reference for Shannon's black door, I think I'm going to go for it:)

What a great spot that park is! We are having the worst weather here, weeks and weeks of rain and cold days, so I wish I was there with you:)

Anonymous said...

Wish I was there today!