Monday, March 22, 2010

I'm still around

Hello? Anybody still out there?

I'm still here.  I've just had a lot of irons in the fire and haven't felt like organizing them enough to post.

But, don't worry - I'm slowly coming out of hibernation.

It's Springtime now - although it doesn't actually feel like it today.

I love Spring.

I was finally able to spend last Saturday working out in the yard.  My arms can tell.  They're sore.

Here are a few glimpses of what we've been up to this month:

New rug.  Too small for this space?  Let me know your thoughts.  I just loved the colors & can always find somewhere else to use it.

We've finally been painting.  I'll have a complete post on this soon (I hope).

I've been worried about my 17 year old kitty, Murphy.  She's on her last leg and I'm trying to know the best way to handle her last days.  She's not in any noticable pain so I'm not sure if it's time to put her to sleep or not. Any advice or similiar stories would be appreciated.  She's extremely skinny now and hardly eating at all.

Spring is slowly blooming inside our house as well.  Here's a glimpse.
Yay for grilling season!  (man that chair needs a good coat of paint - it's on the list & hopefully will get done soon).

Hope y'all are doing well and thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Darlene said...

Hi Duchess,

Your entryway is beautiful!! The rug looks wonderful. It might be a bit small for the space but I would just leave it and see if it works for you.

Since we are back from Spring Break I am ready to get working in the yard now. We still have a bunch of leaves to rake...YUCK!

Awwwww Murphy is so beautiful. It is so hard when our wonderful animals get old. If she isn't in any pain and seems to still be doing alright I think it is too early to put her to sleep. You know many elderly people only eat little amounts of food. I think you will definitely be able to tell (if she is in distress) or she will just pass away peacefully in her sleep.

Hope you are enjoying your day.♥

Unknown said...

Glad you are back and ready for spring. My arms are tired too!
I'm sorry to hear about your sweet kitty. I know how hard it is....I will be praying for ya'll~

Shell in your Pocket said...

I have been hibernating too....I feel like coming out and saying "hello"!
sandy toe

Kerin said...

Good Morning Duchess!
I do love the rug!
Wow, I can't wait to see your painting finished. It is such a happy color!
So sorry about your sweet cat!
It's amazing how our pets become such a part of our family, and we love them like they are another child. I know that you will know the right thing to do.
Hope you are having a sunny day!

Aleta said...

I love the colors in the rug too! Very welcoming :)

My heart goes out to you about Murphy. What an absolutely beautiful cat! I can't imagine having to put my sweet Siamese to sleep, but at the same time, if they are in pain... My parents had a cat for 17 years and the doctor said the cat had cancer on its paws. They were going to put the cat to sleep, but didn't have the heart to. They brought the cat home and it passed away about 2 weeks later. I don't know what to say... just sending positive thoughts for you and Murphy.

I like spring too and am enjoying the weather :) Cute idea with the decorations!

wendy said...

Wow...G is painting. You are brave and wonderful. I am far too OCD to let the kids paint ANYTHING permanent! LOL!