Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Little of this, Little of that

Hey Y'all.
Sorry it's been a while since my last post. I don't know about y'all but we've been busy.

I love it when the winter doldrums are over and things start to pick up again.

My "to-do" list is a long one but with the nice weather, things have begun to get marked off.

It's a slow process. We've been having lots of rain and still some cool temps. I'm hoping that it will warm permanently any day now.


Thought I'd show you some pics and catch you up on everything.


Look at our beautiful plum trees. This is our first spring in this house so I'm anxious to see how everything blooms. These were great - you could see them from a long way off since they're near the road.



This is what they look like now - all leaves but still pretty.

(Almost forgot - can you spot my little red friend in the tree below?)

We've been doing a little bit of painting as we can. Hopefully I'll have some "after" pictures for you soon. I've come to realize that I hate sleepovers.

For some reason, my children think the goal is to stay up all night long.

That means that we have grumpy children for the next few days.

This was the result of my daughter's sleepover from Friday night.

They look cute, don't they? Don't let 'em fool you - they're a handful.


This is the result of a sleepover my son attended on Saturday night.

Pitiful, isn't he?

As you can tell, Murphy (the cat) took full advantage of the situation.


That's about it for now. Hope you're all doing well and even though I haven't been posting, I have been trying to visit as often as I can.
Enjoy your week.

7 comments:

Darlene said...

Those huge trees are absolutely GORGEOUS! Looks like you have a great painter...can't wait to see everything all painted and "purdy"!

Oh and sleepovers...YUCK!! I usually tell Lexi when she gets to have someone over that they have to be in bed by midnight...cause I can't stay awake! Now, even though they are in bed they talk and giggle a while longer. The TV and the reclined position usually have them asleep pretty quickly though.

Our Complete Family said...

The trees are gorgeous! Is it a cardinal in your tree? My son LOVES having cardinals in our trees and has taught Caroline to say 'tweet tweet, tweet tweet' when she sees birds now!
Ah, sleepovers. B has been on one and was WIPED OUT the entire next day! We had one here and I am so not ready for another one for a good year I think!!!
Happy week ahead hun~ Les

Shannon said...

Those trees are so pretty! I love pear trees. Looks like the sleepovers were a success! :)

♥B said...

The trees are beautiful, and it took me a minute to find the red friend.

Sleepovers were the greatest when I was little. I didn't do it very often, but I think our goal was to stay up late.

Our dog does the same that thing Murphy did, she loves to lay on you!

Jodie said...

Your plumb trees are beautiful Duchess. I love to see spring in everyone's yards. The trees are bursting full of color here too!

Windy said...

Love the trees!

My kids are the same way when they get back from a sleepover:)

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Wow, I haven't gotten to the sleepover phase, but I can attest to the crankiness that results from sleepless kids! :) Hope you are recovering too!
Carrie