Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday Morning Visitors

As I was sitting in my kitchen on this beautiful Sunday morning enjoying my cup of coffee with the back door open, I noticed I was being serenaded by lots of happy little birds.

That in itself is not unusual, however, I didn't recognize the song.  I can normally tell what kinds of birds are around and since I couldn't, I headed out to the porch to investigate.

This is what I discovered........





They are so cute, but I'm not sure what kind they are.

I know we don't normally see them, so they might just be passing thru on the way to another location.

If you happen to know what kind they are, can you please leave me a comment & put my mind to rest?

Let's see if we have any bird watchers out there.

Thanks & enjoy your Sunday.

*Update: I've researched a little and do believe that they are Bobolinks. (Jodie, I think you were right.)  My bird book didn't show that they should be in this area, however when I looked online, the map did indicate that this is in their migratory pattern. I'm so excited that we got to see them as they were passing through.

5 comments:

Jodie said...

Bobolink? I didn't know, so I went searching. Here's the link I found.
http://identify.whatbird.com/obj/566/overview/Bobolink.aspx

Kerin said...

Cool birds! I've never seen that kind before. What a nice treat to see them.
I love the new paint color. It sure does look terrific! What a huge difference a bit of paint makes.
Hope you're having a great day :)

Darlene said...

I don't know but they are sure neat looking. Always fun to have a new visitor like that! Hope you are enjoying your Monday.♥

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm I have never seen those before but they sure are pretty!

wendy said...

Way cool! I had no idea you were a bird gal. :)