Thursday, December 9, 2010

Gingerbread Time

My kids wanted to tackle making gingerbread houses this year, so while we were at the stores shopping for gifts we picked up a couple of kits.

I must say that these kits make it much easier than it would be if I had to make everything from scratch - mine would never even stand up, I'm sure.

Here are some pics of how their project went....


 One small problem - a caved in roof.  Oops - better fix that.






They turned out pretty cute, I must say. 
 I have thought about some things we can do differently next year - I can't wait. I may even have to have my own house to decorate.


Hope your Christmas season is going great.

2 comments:

Schnatterinchen said...

They look great... My son is waiting for this weekend to do his house...

Do your kids eat the ginger bread house? Ours will end up in the trash sometime after xmas...

Have a nice xmas time and greetings from Germany
Birgit

Jodie said...

Looks great! Mine didn't ask to do them this year. (smile) They are fun, but we have roof issues too. Toothpicks, that's the key.