Friday, December 24, 2010

The Grove Park Inn at Christmas

Merry Christmas to you and yours.  I hope this finds you enjoying this festive time with your friends and families.  We're almost ready for the big day and Mimi has arrived to celebrate with us. 

Yesterday, G and I took a girls trip with some friends up to Asheville, NC to see the Grove Park Inn's National Gingerbread Challenge entries.  It is always beautiful there but decked out for Christmas was even better. 

Come along, won't you?





 The girls actually got to decorate gingerbread cookies with a pastry chef from the resort.
 They had a ball.



Then it was on to see the gingerbread creations.  The winners had already been taken to NY so we didn't get to see those, but I can only imagine - we thought the ones left behind were beautiful.




 Here is the back of the Inn.  I think I'd spend all my time down by the fireplace with a nice hot cup of cocoa.



Hope you enjoyed coming along with us.  If you ever get to see this beautiful Resort, please do so.  It's a very special place.

Hope your Christmas Eve is Merry!

No comments: