Saturday, June 21, 2008

I've Been Ding Dong Ditched

The other night, Gracie and I were sitting on the front porch. We were having a nice conversation about the birds living in the ferns and then, out of the blue she says:

Gracie: "Brayden's ding dong ditched you."

Me: "Ummmm.........huh?"

Gracie: "Brayden's ding dong ditched you."

Me: (in a very confused state) "Ummm....Gracie, I'm not quite sure what you're talking about."

Gracie: "You know, he rings the door bell then runs."

Me: "Ohhhh!! (Whew!) Now I get it." (Thank goodness it's not what it sounds like.)

This was one of our stranger conversations but I'm glad it was all cleared up in the end. So, tell me.......Have you been "ding dong ditched" lately?

post signature

6 comments:

Wendi said...

My kids think a game of "ding dong ditch" is hysterical.
I haven't been as amused as I am usually the one being ditched. I am the one running from the front door to the back door trying to decide which bell is ringing. ugh!
I should send them to the neighbors!

Kristen said...

Oh that is too funny!!

Cade calls it ringing the "ding bong".

Although he still doesn't know about the leaving yet.

Thank goodness! :)

Too cute of a conversation with your little one. I was glad you got it cleared up too!

Kellan said...

This is funny! I'm glad you got it straightened out - HA!

Hope you are having a good weekend - Kellan

Kellan said...

Have a good Sunday - Kellan

McMommy said...

Mine are still too little to understand the "ditching" part. They usually just stand there and laugh and giggle....or argue about who gets to push the button.

Hope you are having a good weekend!

Jodie said...

Well, it's been awhile, but yep, it's happened to me too.