Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Yay! School's Officially Done






Today is officially the kid's favorite day of the year.
The Last Day of School!!!!
To them, it's been a long time coming,
To me, it's gone by too fast.

I helped out with refreshments at the 5th graders graduation today
and while watching the children march in,
I got teary eyed thinking about how Brayden will be doing that next year.
At a new school.
Without all of his friends from this school.
And the tears slowly started.

It's really hard saying goodbye to a school that has been so wonderful.
I'm sure there are friends in SC just waiting to be met,
but just for today, I'm a little sad for the friends that will be left behind.

I didn't really intend to be so depressing,
it really is a cheery day.
No more homework.
No more projects.
No more tests.

Days lounging about at the pool.
No early bedtimes.
Ice cream runs at 9:00 at night.
So, let me end on a positive note....

Gracie & Brayden,
Mommy & Daddy are very proud of all of your accomplishments.
You are two very intelligent and well-rounded people.
You have worked very hard this year and I can't
wait to see what's in store for 5th and 2nd grades.

Enjoy your summer!



post signature

11 comments:

Wendi said...

Today was our last day too!

Chase graduated from 5th grade!

ugh... can that be possible?

I was teary today too... my kids are growing up way too fast!

Yay for summer!!!

Kristen said...

That was such a sweet post.

Hang in there with the move. So much going on right now. At least the kids were able to finish the year out. :)

Hoping that a few days of pool lounging cures all! The kids will be fine. They are taking with them their bestest of friends, YOU!!

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! My kids finished last week, busy, busy...I like your site!

McMommy said...

I like the part about no early bedtimes and ice cream runs at 9pm!

Summer is the best.

I'm sure it will be so hard to begin a "new" school life in the fall...but maybe there will be some fantastic new friends to be made too?

Andy said...

Thanks for stopping by. We're finally back in town, and I can't wait to find some time to poke around here for a while learning about a new friend.

OHmommy said...

Awe....

I can't wait for my kiddos to FINALLY start school.

They grow up way too fast.

OHmommy said...

YAY!!!! School is out for the summer!!!

Kellan said...

It is so hard realizing that they are growing up - it makes me sad too. This was a lovely post. NOW - GO ENJOY THE SUMMER!! That's what I'm trying to do.

Take care and have a good day - Kellan

The Mrs. said...

What a great post! I used to teach (there was life before kids!) and the end of the year brought excitement but it was hard to say goodbyes. enjoy your time off and kickin up your feet this summer : )

(as if a mom ever gets to kick up her heels!)

3boys247 said...

We have been out for a couple of weeks now. We also have future 5th and 2nd graders. Have a great sumemr!

Laural Out Loud said...

You make summer vacation sound like so much fun! I wish adults could still have summer vacation.