Monday, June 2, 2008

It's Finally Done!

I can't believe it! The day is finally here when Brayden can finally turn in the "lighthouse project" that has been about to drive me crazy. He finally finished it up last night around 8 p.m.
I've included a few pictures of the project while it was under construction, just in case your child ever has to make a lighthouse for school.
He did his presentation on it today and I'm proud to say that we he got a 100. (I really didn't do too much, just a little sawing and I did man the hot glue gun. What good mom wouldn't do that?) Now the final countdown is on.....only 6 days of school left and I'll have a 5th grader and a 2nd grader on my hands for the summer. Yea!!

Gracie had to get in on the action & make her own lighthouse with the leftovers.

The finished project.

Good job, Bray!

Oh - I almost forgot.....baseball playoffs started today, as well and my slugger hit his first homerun and got two double plays. He said, "It's been the greatest day of my life." I hope he always remembers that feeling.

post signature

6 comments:

Rae said...

VERY impressive!!! Definitely deserved a 100.

Wendi said...

Thank goodness that is over! I still can't believe they expected a "working lighthouse". Yikes!

A homerun and two double plays?
I know someone in my house that would think it was the greatest day of his life too!!!
Congratulations!

* yay for MOM...she just crossed out a word! Told ya it was easy... Good job!

Jennifer said...

I think he did a great job! Well deserving of that 100%!
I now have a 6th grader, a 3rd grader, and a preschooler (4yrs old) that is going to do some k work this year. *Faint* when did they grow up so fast?

Stop by my place there is something for you there!

Jodie said...

Way to go Brayden on all accounts! You're a superstar!

Kristen said...

YIPEE for turning in the lighthouse, and the PERFECT grade!!

How wonderful he had the best day of his life. That my friend, is just too cute.

I LOVE it!

Hope you are hanging in there with all you have going on right now.

Kellan said...

Great project - beautiful!!! And, congrats on the home run and double plays - WOW!

Nice to see you today - take care - Kellan