Thursday, June 5, 2008

She's hungry like a wolf!

This is Murphy, our oldest & sweetest pet. She's 14 years old and has been with us since before we had our children. We all love her very much. Maybe this is why the other day when my son says to me....."Mom, Murphy's been sitting in the middle of the yard for a long time. Just sitting there."

I had noticed this earlier and thought it was strange so I went to take a closer look and as I passed the back door this is what I saw.....I was shocked:

My sweet, loving kitty was stalking Peter Cottontail!



I could not believe it. Does she not realize how cute & cuddly the bunny is?


As I prepared to knock loudly on the glass to scare away the bunny, he decided to make a break for it......


leaving Murphy saying......"Where did he go?"


That's no dumb bunny. He high-tailed it far away from the stalker kitty.


I guess Murhpy realized that she was dealing with a highly intelligent rabbit here

and gave up the fight.

(Or either had to come in for her afternoon nap - she's really quite lazy.)




That's what I thought.

And all the bunnies got to live to see another day.

The End.

post signature

11 comments:

Wendi said...

Lazy kitty gone wild!!!

Glad the bunny got away.

*BTW: I am going to be singing that song in my head ALL day. Thanks.

Kellan said...

What a cute post!! And what a cute kitty - "Hungry like a wolf" - HA!

Have a good afternoon - Kellan

Kristen said...

I'm like wendi, going to be singing hungry like a wolf all day!

How funny that she was stalking a bunny! Aren't pets silly when they think they have "real" animal skills??

Our Labs are sure that they can get the squirrel that oftens finds itself around our fence. It is hysterical! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I swear, all my life while singing Peter Cottontail, that's the exact bunny I pictured...It's a pretty one! Poor thing...Lil' wolf is gonna catch it, I'm afraid.

Jodie said...

Great story Dutches and I loved the pictures to go with it too! I'm sure she's dreaming of bunnies during her little cat naps today!

Anonymous said...

I loved that you stopped to take pictures while the bunny is seeing it's life pass before its eyes! Great post and title and the song to go with it, WOW!

Happy POW!

Anonymous said...

Glad the fluffy bunny was saved. :)

Melissa said...

Okay half of me wanted your cat to be tough and get the bunny and then the other half wanted to tell bunny to "run run!" Im glad bunny is safe ;)

Laural Out Loud said...

I'm torn between being happy the bunny escaped, and wanting to see nature in action, lol. Okay, I'm glad the bunny escaped.

McMommy said...

Oohhh....I've heard of guard dogs...but you are lucky enough to have a GUARD CAT!

Nice of him to keep the yard protected from dangerous wildlife like BUNNIES!:)

Great POW, my friend!

Rae said...

I love how you chronicled the story! Buckwheat (my pet bunny) is very relieved that his distant cousin made it out alive! :)