Monday, January 25, 2010

He's playing bas-ket-ball.

Does anybody else remember that song?

Anyone?

Ok, I guess it's just me. I am a product of the 80's afterall.


Now, onto the look into one of our weekend activities.


My son is on a church basketball league this year. The age range is from 6th thru 8th grades.


Here are a few pictures for friends and family members that don't live close by:


(Sorry some of them don't look so good. I was playing with my camera & it's really difficult to get good shots when they're moving so fast.)

They lost.  They've lost every game they've played but they have fun doing it and I guess that's really the whole point.  Looking at the kid in the bottom right picture - are you really surprised our little guys lost against that?  He's almost hitting his head on the backboard!  Oh, well....there's always next week.


Hope you had a good weekend - I'm off to get school started.

4 comments:

Darlene said...

Those are great shots. I agree it is HARD to get good pictures of basketball. Lexi is on a team this year after not playing for two years. She is enjoying it. They have played two games so far lost 1 won 1. The team they played on Sat. had several girls that were about a head taller than any other girls. They also didn't look like they were 5th graders AT ALL (if you know what I mean, can you say developed!). Anyway, I guess she is learning and having fun and that is what it is all about.♥

Jodie said...

Hey, I know that song! My kids still sing it. :) I think we have it on a cd. Anywho, we must have been thinking alike again. I took the camera to the ball games this weekend and got some shots of my boys playing. I'll post them later this week. We didn't win either game, but they were nail biters, close score till the end!

Jodie said...

oh, and btw, I like B's new haircut!

wendy said...

Kurtis Blow...posted it on my blog when The Boy started playing this year! :) Glad you and yours are well! :)