Sunday, January 31, 2010

Trees of Glass

It definitely is a winter wonderland in the Upstate of South Carolina.

That winter storm that swept the country finally paid a visit and left us with some beautiful scenery if not some trecherous roads.

Take a look around.






When I looked outside this morning with the sun shining bright, I realized that God had left us with trees that looked as if they were made of glass.


Hope you are enjoying this last weekend of January (can you believe that?). 

Now I say let's bring on the spring blooms and warmer temps.

Good-bye Mr. Winter - thanks for dropping by.

8 comments:

Darlene said...

Beautiful pictures! The trees always look so pretty when they have ice all over them. Stay inside and stay safe and warm.♥

Shannon said...

Great pics! We are looking the same way here. It is really pretty!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Beautiful pictures!!!!
It looks like a normal Michigan winter to me-:)
Stay warm!

Patricia said...

i am totally with you... lets have a going away winter party and not invite... winter!
we have not had a lot of snow yet but the weatherman says we should have a few bad storms in feb and march... uggh!

spring will be here... sooner or later!

many blessings
patricia

Becca Bertotti said...

Gorgeous pictures !! Love the ones of the trees ... those are framers !! Thank you for stopping by and leaving such a sweet note on my blog about my breakfast area !! Take care, Becca (Adventures in Decorating)

Jodie said...

I just love "glass" trees! We got 6 inches of snow, no ice, thank goodness. Sunday morning the trees were covered in white frost and the sunrise tinted everything pink and yellow, it was truly beautiful.

Judi said...

Oh my your pictures of winter are certainly so beautiful. It always is that way looking out on it and not having to go out and drive in it. I hope conditions are safer now.
We have been so lucky here. We should have been having all kinds of nasty weather but our winter has been so calm and mild so far...and next month is spring..love it.

Come by and visit. I have a Giveaway this week...check my Sidebar.

thank you for sharing
and stay warm
Judi

Dorothy said...

Living in Western New York bring on spring and I really appreciate the days staying lighter longer..

Nice blog.

Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com