Friday, August 15, 2008

Another quickie update.....

The hubby brought up the laptop (boy, have I missed you...oh, and hubby too) for the weekend so I thought I'd post while I could.

As of around 5:30pm today, they drove away with all of our worldly possessions. The last two days have been a frinzy of wrapping papers & cardboard boxes. The moving team (only 3 people) were wonderful and somehow managed to get everything packed & loaded in two days flat. I cannot sing their praises enough.

As they were about to leave the team leader asked me what time I'd like them to be at the destination to unload. I was thinking they'd say.....10 - 10:30am -ish. What I got from them was a wonderful.....8 - 8:30 ish and they even have a four hour drive to get there.
I'm telling you, they are wonderful!!

I'd better rap it up and get some sleep, there is still lots to do at the old homestead tomorrow. You never realize how dirty your house is until they take everything out of it. I'd been wondering where those missing boxers & socks had gone......behind the dryer (somehow).

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope everything runs smooth for yall... take care!

wendy said...

How exciting! I can't wait to hear that you are settled in your new home. Hope the kids love their new school! :)

Shannon said...

Oh, the things you find when moving! :)

Katie said...

Thanks for the comment!

Hehe, not that wasn't my closet. I WISH though!

Wendi said...

Yay for efficient movers!
Good luck with the post move clean up!

Michelle said...

funny how things can disappear...good luck with your cleaning and move...