Saturday, August 23, 2008

Little snipets of sanity.

Slowly but surely things around here are starting to come together.

We've gotten our first week of school behind us (now the homework will begin - ugh).

Football is in full swing & gymnastics has been delayed beacause of recent injury (she doesn't think she can do a good handspring with a bum elbow).

We actually hosted (sort of) our first guests last night. A couple that Daddy deals with at work offered to bring us dinner so we wouldn't have to cook in all this mess and after two hours of talking on the back porch we actually got to eat it. Southern hospitality - there's nothing like it. Thanks so much to them for the thoughtfulness. It was very appreciated!

With all of that said, I thought I'd show you small areas around the house that are gettin' there.



I just love this little guy hiding back there.

Here is a dry-run of the mantle. Nothing is nailed down yet so I can still tweak it a little and speaking of that..... I remembered a couple of purchases that I had made & rearranged it a little. I still have plans to put an ironwork scroll thing above the pictures but let me know your thoughts so far.




I just love this door with the light pouring through. This rug probably won't stay here but for now.....it's here.
Thanks for stopping by. Hopefully I'll have more to show you soon.
Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

I think it looks great. You are amazing to be able to pull all of that together between school and only being there a short while...

wendy said...

Looking good!! I'm waiting for the video virtual tour! LOL! :)

The Berry's Patch said...

Hi there! Everything is coming together nicely. I love the light that comes through your front door. I really want a door just like that. Our front entry way can be dark. I think I have your same lamp with the red shade.

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Brandee :-)

Jennifer said...

I love your front door, that is beautiful!!
I have a similar lamp with a red lampshade ;0) I love red in my decor!!
And that clock is just gorgeous!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Your new home is beautiful! (Your previous home was too...and must be in Pinehurst??? ...golfer's heaven! LOL!) I LOVE the front door of your new home! ...gorgeous! And after browsing through your fabulous blog, I saw that you graduated from ECU. I graduated from UNCW in '91, but had a few cousins that graduated from ECU!

So glad you stopped by my blog, it lead me to yours and I have enjoyed my visit here! Good luck settling in to your new home! :) Your kids are so cute!

~Rhonda

Jodie said...

Wow, you're coming along really well. I love the little vignettes you've got unpacked and set up so far. Can't wait to come visit.

Unknown said...

Please oh please take us on a tour! I love what I see so far.... Beautiful!

Darlene said...

It is looking GREAT!!! That door is fabulous with the light coming through. Great vignettes you already have set up. Can't wait to see more!

Screaming Meme said...

I love your home!!! I want to personally invite you to Screaming Meme's Faux School...I'm teaching a class on fauxing...It's a continual class...Come and check it out! Meme

Shannon said...

Everything is looking so great!

Wendi said...

Duchess,
You are well on your way to making your new house your home.
When you are all done in SC...how about a weekend in NC?
I could use some of your help!