Sunday, May 18, 2008

BooHoo

Well, today is a day that has sort of sprung up on us and that I've dreaded for a while all at the same time. It's the day the Daddy leaves to start his new position in another state and leave us here to our own devices. It's not really all that bad, just that we'll miss him like crazy. With his job, he's not always guaranteed to do a lot of routine activities as a family anyway, so I'm really independent when it comes to running our home but........when it comes to:
getting your house ready to go on the market,
organize a move,
prepare for EOG's,
take out all the trash,
fix anything that breaks,
shampoo all the carpets,
cut the grass,
change a tire (jodie, you remember!),
check the oil,
get the cars inspected,
handle all the pets (all 5 of them),
settle any sibling disputes (and they are frequent),
issue discipline,
and make school projects

I really wish Daddy was going to be here to help.

Oh well, enough of my pitty party. Times a wastin' and there's plenty to do.
By the way, does anyone know how to build a lighthouse?? Any helpful tips would greatly be appreciated.

post signature

4 comments:

Wendi said...

Boo Hoo is right...and you deserve a little pity party.
I always think my husband is NEVER home until he really is gone out-of-town for a few days. Then I realize just how much he helps. I can't imagine going it alone for that long. Go... get your house all spiffed up for a quick sale. Then you can be together sooner!
I have nothing to offer on lighthouses. Good luck with that! I hope you have a great week!

just jamie said...

Tell me you're kidding on the lighthouse.

Jodie said...

Since our hubbies work together I've walked in your shoes and know what you're going through! (hmm, it was this time last year if I remember correctly!) Take a deep breath and appreciate that you don't have to do all these things in one day! Praying for ya'll!

Beth Cotell said...

Wow! Sounds like you've got a lot going on right now! Ummm...is the lighthouse for a school project or is it something that can be put off until later? :)