Thursday, May 1, 2008

Busy, Busy

Just a quick update on what's going on with us. This week has been a stressful week for me as head of the Hospitality Committee for the kids PTA. We've got our Spring Fling on Friday evening - making plans to feed all those people is tough. With a lot of help I'm sure things will be fine - I'll let you know. Along with that, in case you didn't know, Teacher Appreciation week is next week (so don't forget the teachers in your life). We do a luncheon for our teachers every Christmas & Spring. Yep - that's next Wednesday so I've got all of those preparations going on.

Gracie's field day was today. Sorry, I don't have pictures but I just didn't remember to take the camera. She had a ball - they are so cute out there competing in all of those activities. I'm sure everyone remembers getting scraped knees & hurting hands from tug-of-war. (The ropes have changed since my day. We had real ropes with knots tied in them. These kids today have a nylon woven thing with handles - no wonder kids today aren't as tough as they used to be.)

Brayden will have field day tomorrow. He is so excited & plotting out how to win at each event. He's convinced that if they all turn around & run the other way that they will win at tug-of-war. He might be on to something. We'll see. His baseball team lost their game last night 8-5. He was down about that but gets to play his friends team tomorrow night in a make up game. (Yep, it's the same time I'm supposed to be selling overpriced hot dogs, cotton candy & bbq sandwiches. Does anyone know how I can clone myself for a while to make both events?)

Rob's has had a busy week at work. He did get a call the other day from his boss about the possiblity of another position. It would require a move so we have to think/pray hard about it. I'll let you know how that works out.

Well, I guess that's all that I'll bore you with for now. Hope things are slower for y'all. Leave me a comment with what's going on with you this week. I'm curious.

post signature

3 comments:

Wendi said...

We DO have a lot in common!
I was the head of our PTA Hospitality Committee for 4 years. It was a lot of fun, but a lot of work and stress on Moi!
We don't have Field Day until later in the month.
Today I managed to pick up Chase from school at 4:30(field trip),take Claire to dance at 4:30 (so she was late), have Claire picked up from dance at 6:15 and taken to the softball field at
6:30. Meanwhile, I was getting Chase ready for his 6:30 baseball game.(which was way across town on a completely different field)I wish I could have cloned myself tonight.
I am exhausted- you?

Jodie said...

Hey Duchess, this weeks been all about rest for me. Been taking care of a sick boy over the wknd, and then I caught it. So M,T,W were are rest days, oh and laundry too. Thurs worked at school, ran errands and today Fri I mowed the grass before the rain hit. It's raining good right now, glad to have that job done. Tomorrow is National Scrapbook Day so heading off to Owensboro KY to scrapbook wit a friend all day at her scrapbook store.
Tell the family hello for me!

OHmommy said...

I love how boys plot their wins. Too cute!